ABOUT US

Pantygwydr Baptist Church is situated at the junction of Ernald Place and Glanbrydan Avenue in the Uplands area of Swansea. It started life in 1892 as a mission by Mount Pleasant Baptist Church to the newly-built suburbs at what was then the western end of the town. It was originally a corrugated iron chapel on Gors Avenue (later renamed King Edward Road), but it was rebuilt on its present site in 1907. Although well-established today, at the time of the First World War Pantygwydr was a new chapel standing in a newly-built housing development.